Welcome To Our Story
By supporting Matcha Sisters you are contributing to our vision to abolish modern-day slavery.
Matcha Sisters birthed from the idea of raising awareness to stop human trafficking. Our vision was to start a business that would not only contribute to better health but also advocate against women and children being trafficked as modern day slaves. After discovering the unknown facts, it was blatantly obvious that we live in a deeply polarised world. While many of us are experiencing the joys and freedom of life, significant violence and human rights violation is occurring across the globe.
Human trafficking is the illegal trade of human beings, mainly for the purposes of forced labor and sex trafficking. As the world’s fastest growing criminal industry, it affects every nation across the globe. Every 30 seconds, someone becomes a victim of modern-day slavery. – A21 Campaign
We believe in a life of freedom: from violence, fear and ill health.
Our dream is to bring health and wellbeing to people all over the world in two ways: through healthy food and recipes AND by supporting non-profit anti-human trafficking organisations like Hagar Australia and Abolishion.
Hagar Australia focuses on providing aftercare and systemic change for rescued trafficked victims in countries like Cambodia, Afghanistan and Vietnam due to the significant human rights abuse of women and children.
Abolishion is an organisation that is pioneering the way for anti-modern day slavery. The work they are doing is breaking the chains of human trafficking and includes (but not limited to):
- Creating an awareness course in 8 languages that has been used by individuals, NGOs, schools, churches and government.
- Running presentations all over the globe including Romania, Moldova, United States, Canada, Australia, Spain, Germany, Italy, UK, Greece and Poland.
- Training hundreds of professionals in the social work, education, medical and non-profit sectors to recognise the signs of human trafficking.
- Working with the government to help rewrite the National Referral Mechanism in Romania.
- Setting up our RESTORE shelters and a training centres for survivors
- Creating jobs for survivors.
- Launching a Be Safe On Social Media program in high schools in both Poland and Romania.
- Working closely with the European Freedom Network to create social media campaigns that have informed over 1.1 million people that human trafficking happens all around us.
Together we can make a difference.